Oleksandr Usyk just lately fought to guard Ukraine from Russian aggression. The WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight champion took a break from boxing to be part of one thing larger than himself. Now, everybody in his dwelling nation may have an opportunity to observe him characterize them in a boxing ring.
Usyk defends his heavyweight titles in opposition to Anthony Joshua on August 20. The Ring title may even be on the road. It’s a rematch from their September 2021 bout, the place Usyk received through unanimous resolution. The struggle takes place in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. It’ll air on DAZN within the U.S. and Sky Sports activities within the U.Ok. TV rights for the bout had been offered to the Saudi organizers.
For Ukraine, Saudi organizers gifted Usyk the rights to the struggle free of charge. It is going to be obtainable for these within the Ukraine through Usyk’s YouTube channel, in addition to a number of different platforms.
“He [Usyk] meant to purchase, however acquired it [free] for Ukraine, Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk instructed talkSPORT. “He makes it free to observe through Megogo [streaming service], his YouTube channel and through state public TV ‘Suspilne’.”
Usyk can be supporting Ukraine by releasing 2,000 NFT’s through Blockasset. Created by Irish artist DOSBRAK, proceeds will likely be going to the Usyk Basis.
In comparison with conflict, boxing is youngster’s play.
That is for my nation and my individuals. 🇺🇦
Click on on the hyperlink within the bio to help now 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/8gKxIAzEqv
— Alexander Usyk (@usykaa) July 30, 2022
“In comparison with conflict, boxing is youngster’s play… That is for my nation and my individuals,” Usyk said on Twitter.
Usyk made his boxing debut in 2013, primarily combating out of Ukraine. He beat Marco Huck, Mairis Briedis, and Murat Gassiev within the World Boxing Tremendous Sequence cruiserweight match to develop into undisputed cruiserweight champion. In 2019 he made his heavyweight debut. Usyk beat Anthony Joshua in September for the WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles.
A couple of months in the past, Usyk joined the Klitschko brothers, Yaroslav Amosov, and Vasiliy Lomachenko, amongst others, in taking arms in opposition to Russia. He has since been capable of go away the nation to coach for his upcoming struggle.
This will likely be Joshua’s second time making an attempt to reclaim heavyweight gold. Joshua misplaced to Andy Ruiz Jr. in 2019 for the titles, however received a rematch just some months later. That bout additionally happened in Saudi Arabia.
When is Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2?
- Date: August 20
- Principal card: 12 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. BST | 2 a.m. AEST | 7 p.m. in Ukraine
- Principal occasion: 5:15 p.m. ET | 10:15 p.m. BST | 7:15 a.m. AEST | 12:15 a.m. in Ukraine (roughly)
Usyk vs. Joshua 2 will happen on August 20. The principle card will begin at 12 p.m. ET | 5 p.m. BST | 2 a.m. AEST | 7 p.m. in Ukraine. Usyk and Joshua must be making their solution to the ring round 5:15 p.m. ET | 10:15 p.m. BST | 7 a.m. AEST | 12:15 a.m. in Ukraine, relying on how lengthy the undercard fights final.
Tips on how to watch Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2
- U.S., Canada, Australia: DAZN
- U.Ok.: Sky Sports activities Field Workplace
- Ukraine: YouTube
In most international locations globally, together with the U.S., Canada and Australia, the struggle will likely be streamed on DAZN.
Nevertheless, Sky Sports activities Field Workplace received the rights to the struggle in Joshua’s dwelling territory (U.Ok.).
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 PPV worth: How a lot does the cardboard price?
- DAZN month-to-month subscription: $19.99 within the U.S., $20 in Canada, $13.99 AUD
- DAZN annual subscription: $99.99 within the U.S., $150 in Canada
In the USA, Canada and Australia, and most territories globally, the struggle will air on DAZN, but it surely won’t be through PPV.
- Sky Sports activities Field Workplace: £26.95 within the U.Ok.
Combat followers within the UK should stump up £26.95, a £2 enhance on the worth Sky Sports activities set for AJ and Usyk’s preliminary encounter.
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 struggle card
- Oleksandr Usyk (c) vs. Anthony Joshua for the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO, and The Ring heavyweight titles
- Filip Hrgovic vs Zhilei Zhang; IBF heavyweight title eliminator
- Callum Sith vs. Mathieu Bauderlique; WBC light-heavyweight title eliminator
- Badou Jack vs. Richard Rivera
- Tyrone Spong vs. Andrew Tabiti
- Ramla Ali vs. Crystal Garcia Nova
- Daniel Lapin vs. Jozef Jurko
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs. Jose Alatorre
- Cash Kicks vs. Kyle Paevie
- Ben Whittaker vs. Peter Nosic